Monday 30 May 2011

Visiting the Appleyard

I'm Back from my holiday now but didn't manage to get any processing done over the weekend. I did however process a few images taken of a curious looking duckling at a small roadside pond close to Bempton after I got back to unwind.

This little fella wasn't being too well accepted by the other ducks and was a bit of an outcast. Im still unsure if it's come from the resident pair of ducks, but assuming it has it's either leucistic or a pure hybrid from the hybrid female.


I noticed the Female parent as she was quite white in colour. Oddly I never even looked at the male, only wish I had now. I later found out from trusty google that the female duck is a Silver Appleyard Miniature, one of many Hybrid duck breeds out there.



There was also a healthy population of what looked to be standard Mallard ducklings, I guess I'll never know if they turn out to be normal mallard ducks or hybrids, and if the shunned duckling makes it.





No comments:

Post a Comment